Thursday, January 11, 2018

Bite

Katie's bite has been off for awhile, like  a year or so.  Around Christmas I was looking at her teeth and noticed that one bottom tooth was turning a little.  I freaked out and started looking up who might see her for this - for her bite being off.  I had already just recently asked her dentist and asked her previous dentist six months ago, and both said there was nothing to do about it. 

Her bite had all of the sudden gotten more extremely "off" than it had been the last year so I started Googling who might be able to help her.  I saw a video of a chiropractor adjusting a kid's jaw so I started looking up pediatric chiropractors and found one who also does neuro-chiropractic services and her office is like a kid's gym, perfect!  

I took Katie to her right away (that day) and she asked if Katie had had a growth spurt recently. Ummm... YEAH!!!!!! Nothing fits the kid!  She said something to the effect of the growth spurt causing this, that if she is not in the right alignment and grows, she uses that bite to feel more balanced and grounded - something like that.  Don't quote me!  I ran this by my physical therapist neighbor and she said that totally made sense. 

So Dr. Kleckner adjusted Katie and man, was she out of alignment!  Bones cracking like crazy!  We have been back since and there is less cracking, which is great, her body is becoming in better alignment.  She also incorporates some neuro stuff which is pretty interesting and even told me that the white lines on Katie's nails means she is low in Zinc.  So I give her liquid zinc and it must taste pretty good cause she sucks it down.  The lines seem to be growing out!  The zinc may help her sensory issues too and how amazing would it be to not have a screaming kid every time I brush her teeth?

  I love this chiropractor! http://www.kidsrising.com/  Check out her website, good info! 

So she did not crack Katie's jaw like the guy in the video I watched, but she thinks her jaw will get better as she is better aligned.  Here is a picture of her bite a few weeks ago, and it is definitely not this bad now. And also her fingernails with the white lines. 




No comments:

Post a Comment