Monday, April 25, 2016

Spinning

Getting old sucks.  I don't think there is any better way to put it.  I am posting this entry because it's been a long time coming and I feel like this is a good time to hold myself accountable.  If I put it out there maybe I will stick to it. I have a sister and a good friend I have known since 4th grade who I know read this blog.  Maybe they can help hold me accountable.  Mindy and Mary I am talking to you...

I always assumed life would get easier when Katie got older, that she would be able to do more things, walk better, talk.  However, in reality it is like I have a ten year-old toddler who I have to watch every second.  She is in diapers and fights when I change her diaper or comb her hair or brush her teeth.  She just gets bigger and I just keep getting older and less fit, my joints hurt sometimes and I guess I can't blame the baby weight any longer.

So I went to a spin class today and really like the instructor and his music - that makes a big difference.  Bad music is the worst in spin class.  I have had good intentions with the gym but in reality, once a week is not doing me any good. I am planning on doing this class more, and yoga and weights, and cutting down on volunteering for a million things at Katie's school and elsewhere.  Too bad I can't cut out laundry and cooking.

  I need to lose about 15 pounds and just want to be in better shape, especially with Katie to take care of.  I think, what if something happened to me, who could do what I do with her?  Or maybe they would do a better job than I do?  Paul is a great dad, but he is no mom.  He works a lot and although I do his data entry (ho hum), right now is not our busy time of the year so I have no excuse to not take care of myself.

I am hoping now that I have posted this, that I will take it more seriously so I can make it to 52 without the aches and pains.  And that I will finally be able to fit into the 70% of the clothes in my closet that haven't seen the light of day in years.

 I will be making a salad tonight... goodbye pizza and cookies, I'll miss you.

Yes!

1 comment:

  1. I think you have others that read this blog! Now that people can post comments, maybe they will let you know. (I always get an email when you post something.)

    ReplyDelete