Monday, April 1, 2013

DNA Study

I've been busy.  I think I just aged 10 years in 4 months by having a big fundraiser at my house.  I'm still returning un-opened forks and Vodka, etc... so I don't know how much we raised yet, but it was fun!  Life should be back to normal in a few days.

Today we went to see Dr. Narayanan - he is the Dr. in charge of the DNA study that Katie is in.  I was thrilled to hear that we should hear back results within 3 months or so.  They had told us initially it could be up to 2 years so, whew! What great news! So for now, I am not going to pursue any other treatments.

Here is a video of Shelby, basically a miraculous recovery for her - she saw Dr Narayanan and was one of the first to have her DNA mapped at T-Gen.  I don't want to get my hopes up but maybe there is some chance of a recovery like this for Katie.  I am not counting it out, that's for sure. Shelby