Monday, January 25, 2010

Biting and Pinching

For about a week after the transfusion Katie did not bite or pinch once - which was very unusual and wonderful! I was hoping this phase might be over.  But she also had the flu that week and I wondered if the no biting and pinching was due to lack of energy.  Well, turns out it must have been the lack of energy because she had a biting frenzy a few nights ago with poor dad, and pinched me so hard I now have a lovely scab on my neck.  However, I must say she bites and pinches with gusto and a big smile on her face!  I'm hoping that just means that she really puts her all into everything she does, and will someday be a big time lawyer or the next Katie Couric - I'm just trying to look on the bright side here.  We do tell her "no!"  but I don't think she understands that she hurts us, literally.  I know most kids do this stuff anyway but it's been going on at least a year, although she is doing it less often - good sign!