Friday, May 21, 2010

Buh-Bye SWASH!

Katie has worn this SWASH (Sitting Walking And Standing Hip Orthosis) everyday for 3 hours a day at school for the past school year. This SWASH gives her a sense of knowing where her legs and hips are.  It also cuts down on Katie scissoring her legs while walking and keeps her steps more balanced and not so high and all over the place. So, imagine my delight when we saw Brett the orthotist yesterday and he says, "I think she's walking as well without the SWASH as she is with it!" He was truly amazed at how well she has progressed over the year and even commented on her balance and focus also being so much better! I honestly think he was as excited as I was to see how far she has come.

Oh thank you SWASH for your much needed help - but I think you'll be off to be recycled for someone else to use soon!