Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Green

Two of Katie's therapists were here yesterday working together to get her to say "g" as in green. While I was running amok cleaning whatever I could in the hour they were here (it was President's Day, so Katie was home all day and I had not gotten a lot done), I heard them applauding her, and knew she must be doing something good!  They were pointing out green things in books and green toys, and  yes, I even heard Katie say the "guh" sound, and they both said that she said "gr" also.  I was happy to count about five rounds of clapping!  Katie doesn't say much, (around her parents anyway) and we really have to repeat a lot to get something out of her, or frighten her...  not on purpose of course.  The other day when our older dog had an accident in the house, I jumped up frantically to get the dog outside, and I must have scared Katie because she was somewhat screaming, "Momma! Momma! Momma!"   It was great!!  Too bad the dog had to poo in the house to get her to refer to me.  Oh, and there was the time I dropped a glass bowl...



Katie and PJ